Home Security TipsMay 4th, 2022 | by allhaus | Posted in Uncategorized
Times have changed since the days of leaving your home unlocked or windows open when you’re away. Statistics show that 160 burglaries take place every hour in the United States. That’s about 3,840 burglaries every day.
As startling as these statistics are, the good news is that there are a number of preventative measures you can take to burglar-proof your home and protect loved ones.
- Securing Your Home Daily:
- Lock Your Doors: Locking your doors seems like an obvious tip. However, many people forget to latch their front door or lock up the garage when they leave.
- Home Security Systems: Make sure to set alarms when leaving the house (whether for the weekend or just for daily errands). Also, set your alarm system at night – even when you’re home. Change your alarm codes often.
- Security Cameras: Security cameras give you the ability to check on areas of your home throughout the day and night, so you can keep an eye on your property.
- Spare Keys: It’s important to have a spare key for your house. However, burglars and thieves know to look for spare keys around your doors. Be on the safe side and prevent it from getting into the wrong hands.
- Securing Your Home While Away:
- Automated Yard Lighting: Making sure your outdoor areas are well-illuminated is an effective way to keep potential criminals at bay. A well-lit house not only indicates that there are people at home, but it also makes any suspicious activity clearly visible.
- Mail: If you’ll be away from home for more than a few days, your overflowing mailbox may make it obvious to potential burglars that you’re not home. Have someone check your mailbox daily, or put a hold on your mail delivery through the postal service. Double-check that you don’t have any packages that will be delivered while you’re gone, too.
- AllHaus Home Care: Inform AllHaus of your upcoming travels and we will double check all outside perimeter buildings including garages, storage facilities and casitas to ensure home safety.
Home security is a top priority and commitment to our AllHaus clients. In fact, ALL AllHaus employees go through thorough background checks.
Desire security support and management? Contact AllHaus today!